Tin Pan Hobo Supper
The Tin Pan Hobo Supper is a timeless camping classic can be made 100 different ways. It’s simple, there isn’t much to it, and it’s hard to mess up (unless you use ingredients no one likes, but that would be your fault).
Tin Pan Hobo Supper recipe
- For each person thinly slice (about 1/8 inch) 2 red potatoes and place in pie pan or on a big piece of foil.
- To make 6 Meat Patties- mix 1.5 pounds 85% lean ground beef, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon, 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper, and 1/2 cup finely chopped onions. Divide into 6 one inch thick patties.
- Top each pan of potatoes with a meat patty and sprinkle the potatoes generously with seasoned salt or garlic salt and pepper, then drizzle with a olive oil, especially over the potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve with BBQ Sauce, Ketchup, or HP Sauce.