This is a homemade black tank treatment recipe that acts as a deodorant for your black water tank. You can make this with household chemicals to provide a better solution to your stinky black tank.
So back in 2014, my grandma (who we called Nanny), gave me a recipe that her and my PaPaw used when they spent the winters down in Florida in their RV. Nanny would make this to save money and because it did a better job keeping the bathroom smelling pretty when the toilet was flushed. Below is the hand written letter she wrote me to pass this recipe on.
“Recipe for 1 Gallon”
- 1 cup Fabric Softener
- 1 cup Lemon Scented Amonia
- 1 cup Pine Sol
- 1/2 box of 8oz Baking Soda
- Add above ingredients to a gallon plastic jug.
- Add enough water to bring mixture to full gallon.
- Shake very well before using.
- Add 1 cup of mixture for every 30 gallons of water & contaminants in your black water tank.