This is one of the recipes we love for Smoke BBQ Wings, and we typically use a sweet BBQ flavor sauce, sometimes sweet with a little heat.
*Recipe provided from LearningToSmoke.com*
- 1 1/2 Cups Italian dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 lime, squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon of rub/seasoning – Spellbound from Lanes BBQ is our favorite
- 1 Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients into a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. Place chicken wings (rinsed) into bag with marinade. Let sit in fridge for at least two hours
- Get grill/smoker up to 275F with indirect heat, put in pecan wood.
- Remove from fridge and place individual wings on the grill of your smoking device. Let chicken wings smoke for about an hour or until internal temps on wings reach at least 165F
- Pour BBQ sauce into bowl, place wings inside and mix. Then put wings on high, direct heat on the grill (around 500F) and cook two minutes on each side.
- Put wings back in bowl after cooking to get a little more saucy (optional).
- You can put wings in your oven on broil to get crispy there if you wish.